BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome!

We hope you enjoy what we have to pretend to say.

And don't get us wrong, we love this man! This is more of a homage to his greatness. He's the Chuck Norris of our generation, you know, without the radical, right-wing craziness and the desire to become the president of Texas when they "inevitably" secede from the U.S.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Audacity of Homeless People

As President of the United States of America I feel it's my duty to mention that this Monday is Memorial Day. I mention it because these days, too many Americans forget what Memorial Day is all about. It's not about hot dogs, or barbecues, or families getting together to see each other again, it's about dogs waiting for their dead masters to come home, barbecues sitting in the backyard, NOT being used, and families, gathering around graves for remembrance. Which brings me to my point, we as Americans need to take days off, but if for a moment, at least, you can remember why this day is a holiday, for every soldier that has died to make this land free for you and me. In the spirit of the whole thing, I took a trip yesterday to one of D.C.'s (unfortunately) many homeless shelters, and dished out soup to many of my fellow, albeit homeless, Americans. It wasn't even an hour in to my soup doling, when one of the homeless men, his name was Richard I believe, walked up and said "Thanks for the soup, I voted for McCain." I didn't even know homeless people could vote!

The audacity of some people!


AM

0 comments: